The full agenda for Pre-Conference Tutorials is below. For information on any other track, please click the links below.
Track 1: ISS for Lawful Interception and Criminal Investigation
Track 2: ISS for Mobile Location, Surveillance and Intercept Analysis
Track 3: DPI for Lawful Interception and Cyber Security
Track 4: ISS for Intelligence Gathering and Analysis
Track 5: LEA and Intelligence Analyst Training and Product Demonstration
Pre-Conference Seminars and Tutorials (Tuesday, 6 December 2011)
Understanding Telecommunications Intercept, Monitoring Technologies and Related ISS Products for LEA Investigators and Intelligence Analysts
Presented By: Dr. Jerry Lucas, President, TeleStrategies
This pre-conference seminar is for law enforcement, interior security and intelligence analysts who have to understand telecommunications technology buzz words and jargon in order to communicate with telecom operator engineers regarding their Intelligence Support System (ISS) requirements regarding lawful interception, investigative analysis and intelligence gathering. This pre-conference seminar also provides an overview of the types of ISS Products that will be discussed in Conference Sessions and displayed on the exhibit floor.
8:30-9:30 Session 1
Understanding Wireline Telecom Infrastructure and Interception
What does Law Enforcement and Intelligence Community need to know about the public switched telecommunications networks, circuit switching, fiber optics, SS7, SDH, DSL, billing systems and call detail records, standards overview for lawful intercept, basic LI elements (access, delivery and collection function), call information and call content data collection, SS7 probes and relevant telecom network elements. Circuit Switching vs. VoIP, SIP, SoftSwitches, Gateways, VoIP over Broadband, DSLAM's and PSTN Interconnection.
9:45-10:45 Session 2
ISS Technologies and Products Deployed in Wireline Networks and Monitoring Centers
This session addresses what kind of intelligence related data can be gathered from wireline networks and monitoring centers to support criminal investigations, enhance public safety and support intelligence gathering. What ISS technologies, techniques and products are deployed for wireline network for intercept and network forensics:
- What’s already built into wireline network elements (switches, routers, etc.) for supporting intercept and what ISS products must be added.
- Wireline Network Mediation Functionality and Products
- Monitoring Functionality Requirements and Platform Modules Required for Wireline Network Lawful Interception and Intelligence Gathering
- Trunk and Access Line Monitoring Technologies and ISS Products
- Ultra High Speed (10/40/100 Gbps) Monitoring Technologies and Optical Products
- Voice Biometric Techniques and Products for Speaker Identification
- And Other ISS Products Required to Support Wireline Network Intercept and Network Forensics
11:00-12:00 Session 3
Understanding Mobile Wireless Infrastructure and Interception
Infrastructure basics (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA and LTE), Wi-Fi, WiMax, Mobile Satellite Systems and Femtocells, How a cellular call is processed, back office infrastructure, HLR, VLR, Backhaul and PSTN interconnection, data services, SMS, MMS, IM, data services, fixed mobile convergence and IMS. The basics of mobile wireless technologies, A- GPS, AOA, TDOA, U-TDOA, WLS and location accuracy. Transforming cell records and location data into actionable intelligence, Smart Phone intercept and wireless provider business model, Apple iPhone, Google Android and LTE Challenges.
13:00-14:00 Session 4
ISS Technologies and Products Deployed in Wireless Networks and Monitoring Centers
This session addresses what kind of intelligence related data can be gathered from wireless networks and monitoring centers to support criminal investigations, enhance public safety and support intelligence gathering. What ISS technologies, techniques and products are deployed in wireless networks for intercept and network forensics:
- What’s already built into wireless network elements (routers, switches and SS7 Servers) for supporting intercept and what ISS products must be added.
- Wireless Network Mediation Functionality and Products
- Additional Functionality Requirements or Modules that must be added to Monitoring Centers to Support Wireless Network Lawful Interception and Intelligence Gathering
- Geolocation Support Products and Services
- Mobile Satellite System Intercept
- Target Location and Tracking Techniques and ISS Products
- Special Recording and Analysis Systems Required for Radio or Off-air and Satellite Intercept
- And Other Products Required to Support Wireless Network Intercept and Network Forensics.
14:15-15:15 Session 5
Understanding the Internet and Lawful Interception
What Investigators Have To Know about IP call Identifying Information, Radius, DHCP, DNS, etc. and Tracking an Internet Address to a Source, Investigations Involving E-Mail, Websites, Skype, Instant Messaging, Chat Rooms and Message Boards, IMS, P2P Networks and Deep Packet Inspection and what can be done to address Internet intercept deploying ISS infrastructure and future challenges law enforcement and the intelligence community faces.
15:30-16:30 Session 6
ISS Technologies and Products Deployed for Internet Investigations and Intelligence Gathering
This session addresses what kind of intelligence related data can be gathered from the Internet to support criminal investigations, enhance public safety and support intelligence gathering. What ISS technologies, application techniques and products are required for internet investigations and intelligence gathering:
- What’s already built into Internet Service Provider Network Elements (RADIUS, e- mail and other servers) for supporting Internet Investigations and Intelligence Gathering and what must be added.
- IP Network Mediation Functionality and Products
- Additional Functionality or Modules that must be added to Monitoring Centers to Support Internet related Investigations and Intelligence Gathering
- ISS Techniques and Products to Support Internet Session Decoding (Social Network Messaging, Webmail, IM, etc.)
- ISS Products for Collecting, Analyzing, Indexing, Viewing and Reporting OSINT
- ISS Products for Internet Intercept Data Visualization and Mining
- And Other ISS Products Required to Support Internet Related Investigations and Intelligence Gathering
IP Intercept Training Seminar (Three Two Hour Sessions)
Presented By: Klaus Mochalski, VP Market Development, ipoque and Jens Geier, Product Manager, ipoque
This technical training session addresses the basics of TCP/IP packet sniffing, deep packet inspection and IP application decoding.
8:30-10:45 Session 1
Understanding TCP/IP for Packet Sniffing and Traffic Analysis
11:00-14:00 Session 2
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Basics for LEA's, Intelligence Analysts and Telecom Operators
14:15-16:30 Session 3
Basics of IP Application Decoding